PALUMBO FAMILY FOUNDATION2021 Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in the Palumbo Family Foundation scholarship program. The program is open to high school seniors and undergraduates with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
Please read through the rules and requirements before starting the application process. If you do not meet any of the rules and requirements you are ineligible for the scholarship program. Understand that exceptions cannot and will not be made to any of the requirements.
The application period for the 2021 scholarship program is January 1 through midnight March 31, 2021. Application submitted after midnight on March 31st will not be accepted.
Who is eligible to apply for a Palumbo Family Foundation scholarship?
When can I apply for the current year’s scholarship?
Are graduate students eligible to apply?
Will enroll full time or part time undergraduate...
Permanent resident for a minimum of 6 months prior to application...
I am a visa or a permanent resident of the United States, am I eligible to apply?
I am in the Naturalization process but have not completed the process, am I eligible to apply?
Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or above.
IF selected as a finalist, a 2020 1040 Federal Income Tax Return...
I have completed the FAFSA documentation. Can I submit this in lieu of a 1040 Federal Income Tax return?
My parent/guardian’s income falls below the level requiring a 1040 Federal Income Tax return to be filed, am I still eligible?
My parents are divorced, I live with one parent, but the other parent claims me as a dependent every other year. Can I use the parent’s income that I live with, not the parent who claimed me this year?
How can I maximize my chances of receiving a scholarship?
- Start your application early and complete on time. The earlier you start the application, the better chance you have of submitting the application before the deadline. You may also have more time to ask us questions not answered below.
- Tell us about yourself and use specific details when sharing your extracurricular activities. We do not know anything about you until you share it with us. Specific details can help us grasp who you are. The same can be said about your essay. We do not expect the essay to run too long but make sure your essay helps us learn more about you and your perspectives.
- If you are using the same essay for other scholarship application, make sure you have the correct scholarship name in the essay submitted to the Palumbo Family Foundation.
- Review your application for grammar and spelling errors.
IF selected as a finalist, two or more references from a teacher, coach,...
- College application references are not acceptable.
- References should be on letterhead and addresses to the Palumbo Family Foundation. References dated prior to the finalist notification date will not be accepted.
What is the application process timeline?
Applicants will be notified by email if selected as a finalist or not selected by April 30th.
Finalist will be provided the deadline date for submitting the required supporting documentation.
Finalist who have met all requirements and are eligible for a scholarship will be scheduled for an interview, on a date to be determined, with the Palumbo Family Foundation board. Generally, interviews are scheduled on predetermined Saturdays during the month of June.
If selected for a scholarship, notification including the award amount will be send by United States Postal Service postdated no later than July 1st.
Funding will be sent directly to the college you will be attending on your behalf by August 31st or payment due date.